The NE Colorado Career Development Diagram was made in conjuntion with the Student to Career Opportunity Initiative.
The diagram depicts the interactivity of several aspects of student career development growth. The pieces represented are the focus of NECO PWR and subject to change. Each block represents entry into new activities; however, students who have progressed to higher activities are still participating in many of the building activities. For example, it is our hope that teachers K-12 will use the Business Partner list (located under the School tab) to identify businesses who will be classroom speakers.
- Six 8th Grade Career Fairs comprised of local busines partners
- Career Development Institute for teachers, counselors, and administrators
- Business Partnerships offered to schools
- YouScience for high school juniors
- Website of resources that work in rural classrooms
New opportunities launching this 2018 - 2019 school year
- Rural AmeriTown for all 5th graders - Grant will pay for attendance and classroom materials
- YouScience for 8th graders
- More professional development for teachers, counselors, administrators focused on Work Based Learning
- Surveys to help us better serve your needs
Our Service Area
We are currently working with or have offered services to the following junior and high schools, and we are expanding to include all the elementary schools associated with the these schools.
Agate, Akron, Arickaree, Arriba-Flagler, Bennett High, Bennett Middle, Bethune, Brush High, Brush Middle, Buchanan Middle, Burlington, Byers, Caliche, Cheyenne Wells, Deer Trail, Fleming, Fort Morgan High, Fort Morgan Middle, Genoa-Hugo, Haxtun, Hi-Plains, Holyoke, Idalia, Julesburg, Karval, Kiowa, Kit Carson, Liberty, Limon, Lincoln, Lone Star, Merino, Otis, Peetz, Revere, Sterling High, Sterling Middle, Stratton, Weldona, Wiggins, Woodlin, Wray High, Yuma, and Yuma Middle.